Process Control Systems are uniquely positioned as one of the first industrial systems that can leverage the IIoT. Control systems are, by their very nature, already gathering and historizing massive quantities of data in real-time. Further, these systems typically have connectivity to office networks, intranet, and, in some cases, to the internet. Much of the talk about IIoT has been equipment-related, with monitoring of machines, turbines, compressors, and other large equipment. This paper addresses the routine monitoring of industrial control systems themselves. This includes monitoring of the performance of not only basic equipment, such as instrumentation and valves, but also monitoring of control loops, control strategies, and process results.
Top rated books
- AI 2041: Ten Visions for Our Future
- Predictive Analytics: The Power to Predict Who Will Click, Buy, Lie, or Die
- The Data Detective: Ten Easy Rules to Make Sense of Statistics
- Fundamentals of Machine Learning for Predictive Data Analytics, second edition: Algorithms, Worked Examples, and Case Studies
- The Art of Statistics: How to Learn from Data