In the session we will introduce the idea of data as entrepreneurial asset that more and more needs management attention and care. We will shed a light on how the Chief Data Officer as relatively new role caters for this need and how he evolved in managing this asset in the past 5 years.
- The new entrepreneurial asset, needs dedicated attention and cannot be just managed on the go by some CxO, because of its hybrid position between business and IT
- Full leverage of data can only be achieved by doing some prep work before analytics and machine learning is applied
- That this prep-work needs specialized management approaches similar to American football where there is a need for a defense and an offense team
- That there is no “one size fits it all” of this role but that it needs a customized set-up depending on industry and business model
- That the future will be dependent on ethical and competitive use of data
➡ View/Download the PDF presentation file at https://datainnovationsummit.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/M4_10.30_Norman_Sturtz_Credit_Suisse.pdf