Login or register to unlock the content
The amount of data is increasing exponentially and for companies to be able to benefit from it, they need to successfully build robust scalable data platforms.
Heikki Nousiainen (CTO, Aiven) will give an intro on building a scalable data infrastructure/data pipeline. Key parts of his talk will refer to:
- common data pipeline tasks & components
- motivations & benefits on selecting Open Source.
Afterwards Heikki will have a fireside chat with Matti-Pekka Laaksonen (Data engineer, Wolt). This will be a conversation around what Wolt’s biggest challenges were when building their data pipeline and how they overcame them.
- The challenges with data management are both technical and temporal
- Open Source is the best bet to meet the data management challenges
- A host of good Open Source database solutions can help to meet the data storage and access needs
- You can leverage a host of managed service providers or build your own capability
- With Open Source, you have the option to revisit that choice at any time