In the contemporary world of learning algorithms – “data is the new oil”. Data demands efficient refinement to expose valuable information. To lay a strong foundation for the state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms to work their magic, the crude oil-like data needs to be infused with domain knowledge and extracted into “features”. This talk aims to introduce the audience to the subject of Feature Engineering, and talk about the power of the most creative aspect of data science which often does not get its due limelight. It will also walk the audience through the process of feature engineering as done in formal settings with a simple hands-on Pythonic example on publicly available data, along with putting forward some popular techniques like hashing, encoding, and embedding, which assists in pulling the most out of the data after giving it a proper structure for predictive modeling. Terms pertaining to the realm of feature engineering like relevance, selection, combination, and explosion will also be discussed. The goal is to institute the importance of data, especially in its worthy format, and the spell it casts on fabricating smart learning algorithms.
Top rated books
- The Book of Why: The New Science of Cause and Effect
- Competing in the Age of AI: Strategy and Leadership When Algorithms and Networks Run the World
- Human + Machine: Reimagining Work in the Age of AI
- The Master Algorithm: How the Quest for the Ultimate Learning Machine Will Remake Our World
- AI Crash Course: A fun and hands-on introduction to machine learning, reinforcement learning, deep learning, and artificial intelligence with Python
Turn on the "highlight" option for any widget, to get an alternative styling like this. You can change the colors for highlighted widgets in the theme options. See more examples below.
Categories count color
Collaboratively harness market-driven processes whereas resource-leveling internal or "organic" sources.